Our aim is to provide a safe, supportive and friendly space for members to discuss all things related to life with a dog. We will monitor for posts containing inappropriate content, which include foul language, personal attacks, spam links and personal information. Where necessary, we will delete posts, threads and posters in breach of our Community Guidelines.
Our approach is not to moderate the Community but, where appropriate, we will offer suggestions in line with our Guiding Principles, if we believe a user is being given incorrect advice or advice that could be detrimental to the health and welfare of dogs.
- Keep it friendly. Please treat everyone with respect.
- Don’t get personal. If you disagree with something or someone, don’t respond personally. Present your point of view in a friendly and helpful way. Trolling or using deliberately inflammatory content will not be tolerated.
- No advertising. Please don’t use the Community for promotional purposes. If there’s something you’d like to share with the Our Family Dog Community, please contact us.
- Keep it legal. If you’re in any doubt about what you’re posting, then please don’t.
To support dog owners to meet the health, welfare and happiness needs of their dogs we have developed a small number of guiding principles to inform our editorial content. We will:
- Only promote, and allow the promotion of, positive training and behaviour modification methods for dogs. Aversive training techniques or products are not supported by Our Family Dog. This includes, but is not limited to, items such as prong, shock or choke-chain collars and bark sprays.
- Only promote, and allow the promotion of, dog trainers and behaviourists that are accredited to the following UK bodies:
- Encourage dog owners to use dog services (dog groomers, walkers, sitters, doggy day care, boarding) that are members of members of a recognised industry body such as the Pet Industry Federation.
- Our Family Dog follows the good practice guidelines developed by the British Veterinary Association (BVA) for the responsible use of pet animals in advertising.